The news page at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10225181.stm
currently lists 'JP Morgan gets record �33m fine' under 'Top Business
Stories' on the right-hand side, just above the 'Most Popular...'.

Do not adjust your set; that's really an unprintable character before
the '33m', where there should be a pound sign.

This happens because although the page itself is in the contemporary
UTF-8 character set, the title in question is in some obsolete legacy
8-bit character set, and the byte 0xA3 which it _thinks_ should mean a
pound sign is actually an invalid byte sequence.

I reported this a few weeks ago, on a different story. It never got
fixed, and the problem keeps happening.

I also reported that Akamai was refusing to serve iPlayer content to my
home 90.155.92.192/26 range of IP addresses, although it works fine on
the 81.187.2.160/28 range that I really ought to have given back to the
ISP but never quite did. (Seen with the real flash player, of course.).
Nobody ever got back to me about that, either.

--
dwmw2