On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Mo McRoberts <m...@nevali.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 15:49, Nick Reynolds-FM&T
> <nick.reyno...@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> > The BBC had a choice
> >
> > a) do nothing and run the risk of content not be available to licence fee
> > payers
> >
> > b) do something which does achieve the desired effect and has a very
> small
> > negative impact on a very small group of people if indeed it has any
> > negative effect at all
>
> with respect, Nick, you've repeatedly demonstrated that you have no
> technical understanding of the proposal.
>
> your choices above are simply factually incorrect, unless 'the desired
> effect' is something other than that which has been publicly reported.

If the desired effect was to limit what the average consumer can do with TV
- i.e. only making one recording, and limiting how they can transfer this
around their home - then it looks like it could achieve it. This ensures
that any consumer electronics for Freeview HD will have to have content
management built in.

Similar questions to Andrew's above will be asked, of course. "Why can't I
record this TV show?", "Why do some of my shows not copy to my iPod?", etc.