On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:19, David Tomlinson
<d.tomlin...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> To quote the OSC.
>
> http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/downloads/project_canvas/project_canvas_consultation_response.pdf
>
> "Project Canvas in its current form is going to lead to the BBC having
> unprecedented influence in the market for computer hardware and software."

To be honest, I'm unconvinced by Project Canvas. It's difficult to see
how a UK only system is going to compete in this day and age. What
does it do that a Google TV box can't do? Why would a manufacturer
make a Canvas box instead of something that they can sell in most of
the world (or even all of the world with the right components)?

All it does is remind me of the BBC Micro Vs PC Compatibles.

Scot