Here is episode 2:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/nov/14/bbc-hd-drm

TL;DR?

Cory Doctrow:

"The Guardian just published an investigative piece I wrote about the
BBC's successful petition to cripple its public broadcasts with DRM.
Nearly everyone who commented on the proposal to the regulator, Ofcom,
hated it, but Ofcom granted permission to use DRM anyway. The BBC and
Ofcom said that the convincing arguments were in the secret, redacted
text of a memo the BBC wrote to Ofcom, and both refused to release the
memo, even after Freedom of Information requests were filed, citing
"commercial sensitivity." I published the secret text in my article and
as you can see, it's neither "commercially sensitive," nor convcincing.
Our regulator is allowing the BBC to lock up the TV we're required by
law to pay for, to give new privileges to American broadcasters that
they are denied in the USA, and they're citing "commercial sensitivity"
to keep up from finding out why."