On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 01:48, Peter Padberg wrote:

> > The restore process are then in queue and waits and waits ... for some
> > hours. :(
> >
> > Sometimes there are some BackupPC_nightly-proccesses running or other
> > Backups from other servers.
> >
> > The problem is, when I need restore Backups I need it immediately and I
> > cannot wait some "hours".
> >
> > Is there a way to speed up restoring?
> Have no one suggestions? :(

The BackupPC_Nightly processes clean up no-longer needed pooled files.
Unless you are tight on disk space it wouldn't hurt too much to
stop the backuppc service and restart it to kill them if you are
in a real hurry to do something else.  The next night's run should
catch up unless you do this too often.  The real fix is to get a
faster disk or switch to a filesystem that is faster at creating
and removing drives.  Or perhaps you can tune the timing so the
backups start and finish earlier if you normally do these restores
starting at some particular time in the morning.  There are also
some setting regarding the BackupPC_Nightly runs regarding how
many processes to use and how much of the pool to check each run.
You might shorten the time it needs by tuning those.

     [EMAIL PROTECTED]