On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 12:17, Les Mikesell wrote:

> This turns out to be something related to the smbclient version (and
> probably an update level on the windows side).  The version of smbclient
> in Fedora FC4 will connect, the one in FC3 and Centos4 won't any
> more with the same login and password.

Oops, never mind...  I forgot that smbclient defaults to reading the
same /etc/samba/smb.conf file that the server uses, at least on RH
based systems.  I had changed it to authenticate against a domain
controller to share out some home directories on this box without
needing local passwords.  The server side change worked but the
account I was using for this windows backup client was local and
the one on the domain with the same name really had expired.  I
added "-s/path/to/smb.conf" to the expansion of the smbclient
commands so it could use a different file and it is working again.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]