Craig Barratt wrote:

Brendan Simon writes:

OK.  I got my local host backing up OK :)

Now when I try my remote server (Debian Linux PPC) with rsync/ssh I get an error saying "fileListReceive failed". I have constrained the backup directory to my own temp directory "/home/bjsimon/Temp" which is only 373MB. Output of XferLog.bad.z is:

Contents of file /var/lib/backuppc/pc/larabee/XferLOG.bad.z, modified 2005-09-30 09:00:04 (Extracting only Errors)

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root larabee /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender
--numeric-ids --perms --owner --group --devices --links --times
--block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /home/bjsimon/Temp/
Xfer PIDs are now 7762
Got remote protocol 1768191091
Fatal error (bad version): stdin: is not a tty

This error is likely coming from root's .cshrc (or similar
startup script) is trying to set tty modes.  These scripts
instead should exit when stdin is not a tty.

What happens when you manually run:

   /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root larabee whoami

stdin: is not a tty
root

Found the problem. /root/.bash_profile sources ~/.bashrc, which has the line "mesg n". I've commented that line out and hopefully this change will make backuppc happier :)

Thanks,
Brendan.