Marty wrote:
Alex Schaft wrote:
Hi,

I've just installed BackupPC to replace a simple script that tarred two folders to a remote machine. The script took about 3 hours for 40gigs of data. BackupPC has now been running for almost 7 hours (1AM to 7AM), and hasn't finished yet.

Compression level is set to 3. Is there something else that could be affecting it?

ssh encryption? The faster but less secure alternatives are rsh or rsyncd.

No. Plain smb for now. I couldn't get ssh to work properly (kept asking for a password)

--
Alex Schaft
Quick Software