Hi,

today I noticed a very high load (>15) on one backuppc server. The reason
was the BackupPC_tarExtract process. As a result of the hight load other
applications running on this host had problems and timed out. This is not
our main backuppc host, it is mainly used as our monitoring system
(nagios, cacti), but also to backup 2 machines.

Is there a way to reduce (nice, renice) they backuppc processess with a
lower priority, that the monitoring isn't affected by high cpu loads
caused by backuppc?

I tried to put 'nice -n 10' somewhere in the BackupPC_dump near the place
where BackupPC_tarExtract is started, but this didn't work.

Any ideas?

Ralf