Hello!

I'm trying to back up several notebooks in an environment where they are
sometimes connected via wired LAN, sometimes via WLAN, both times with
fixed IP addresses, no DHCP, different subnets for LAN and WLAN. I have
a DNS server available (if that helps in my situation), and it's really
no problem if the backup takes longer when using WLAN.

Reading the docs $Conf{ClientNameAlias} doesn't seem to be the right
route to go (correct me if I'm wrong), since that allows multiple
backuppc-internal hosts for the same DNS hostname or address.

I even tried to use round-robin DNS for the names I put into the hosts
file (not the perfect solution, but I'm just trying to get it to work
somehow atm), but that didn't work out, gethostbyname called via perl's
-e switch did return alternating results for the IP address, but
backuppc always tried to ping the same address (checked with tcpdump
while trying to initiate a couple of backups from the web interface).

Maybe I'm blind and it's dead easy to do, so could someone please give
me a shove in the right direction?

Regards
WK

PS: I'm subscribed to the list, no need to CC me.
--
http://linux.spiney.org/debian_gnu_linux_on_an_ibm_thinkpad_t43p