[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Hm. Well I thought I found the problem (I couldn't ssh to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> without getting a password prompt) but after I fixed that the problem
> still remained. Ratz!
>
> Here's the restorecmd:
>
> $Conf{TarClientRestoreCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $host /usr/bin/env
> LC_ALL=C $tarPath -x -p --numeric-owner --same-owner -v -f - -C $shareName+';
>
> Now I've been going through some of the variables.. sshpath is set in
> localhost.pl:
>
> $Conf{SshPath} = '/usr/bin/ssh -p 1234';
> (yes we run sshd on another port)
>
> $tarPath is just /bin/tar as usual.. $host is localhost..
>
> Don't see the error yet..

$Conf{SshPath} needs to be just the executable.  What I suspect
is happening is that BackupPC trying to run the program
"/usr/bin/ssh -p 1234", not /usr/bin/ssh, since it breaks up the
command into arguments before substituting variables.  Try moving
the -p 1234 from $Conf{SshPath} to $Conf{TarClientRestoreCmd}.

By the way, if you restarted BackupPC it should complain that
$Conf{SshPath} is not a valid executable and refuse to start.

Craig