I am running BackupPC 2.1.2 on CentOS 4.2 for i386.

The file /data/conf/hosts contains the following line:

migration1b.jvds.com 0 admin

For some reason BackupPC cannot find this host listed in the hosts file. I cannot see the host when logging into the BackupPC interface as admin, and I receive the following error when using the BackupPC_dump command:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ /usr/local/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f migration1b.jvds.com
Exiting because host migration1b.jvds.com does not exist in the hosts file
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$

If I prepend "strace" to the command I see that it is indeed reading this line from /data/conf/hosts.

The same problem occurs when I add any host to the hosts file.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can provide advice on fixing this problem.

Thank you.

--
Avi Norowitz
Unix System Administrator