> > i'd like to be able to flag any file or directory that i want
 > > backuppc to skip by adding a "._nobackup_" suffix to its name.
 > >
 > > will this do the trick?  (backup method is tar)
 > >
 > >     $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = { '/proc'. '*._nobackup_' };
 >
 > You need a comma instead of a period.  Otherwise it should work.

i'm a little confused.  this doesn't seem to be working.

if i look at the XferLOG (or at the running backup tar process on
a client system), the tar command for the backup doesn't include
a --exclude argument.  where does the contents of
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} get transformed and applied to the tar
arguments?  the docs imply that they should be part of $fileList, but
in my case this appears to simply be ".":  (wrapped for clarity)
    Running:  /usr/bin/ssh -x -q -n -l root woodruff /bin/tar
        --one-file-system -c -v -f - -C / --totals
        --newer=2005-12-04\ 00:38:48 .

paul