Guys,

I've just set up Backkup PC on an Ubuntu 5.10 server config, using apt-get
install. Thus I didn't have to run configure.pl

I'm using smb (it's a home network - so not so worried about the security here.
It needs to be functional - and some of the PC's don't really have capacity to
run any more services).

I can get backup pc to sucessfully back up other directries, but not Documents
and settings. I'm using a user 'backuppc' who is a memeber of the Backup
operators group.

I'm getting the following error message:
Getting files newer than Tue Jan  3 09:56:19 2006
Domain=[MERLIN] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
tarmode is now full, system, hidden, noreset, verbose
NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_INVALID listing \Documents?and?Settings\gareth

Yet if I connect using the smbcliet comand line using the same user, I can then
list all the gareth directory.

My config for merlin looks like this:

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';

$Conf{SmbShareName} = ['D$','O$'];
$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = '****';
$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = '****';
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = { 'D$' => ['/Documents?and?Settings/gareth',
'/Shared_Stuff'],
                        'O$' => ['/Diving','/gym_ani'] };

BTW, it's in /etc/backuppc rather than in the local PC config directory. Does
this matter - I modified the local backup config file to get thi.

I suspect that there is a really easy answer to this - but I've been banging my
head against this for a couple of hours and can't see the answer at all.

gareth jones