Hello Justin,

I've done something almost exactly the same as what you're trying to do, and you can find the steps of how to do it here:

http://muyiwataiwo.com/main/book/howtos/linux_ad_integration

Cheers

Muyiwa

Les Mikesell wrote:

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 11:21, Justin Best wrote:

My problem is that when an email gets sent out to my users (say, for
instance, Outlook files need to be backed up), the link in the email
will lead them to a password-protected page. I don’t want to hand out
the admin password for the BackupPC user!

     * How do I create more user accounts with access to only one
       host, so that my users can log in and initiate their own
       incremental backups?
     * Does anyone have experience integrating the BackupPC web
       interface with Active Directory authentication? All my users
       are logged on to my Active Directory domain (W2K3 & W2K
       servers), so I’d love for them to be able to authenticate as
       themselves without having a separate password for BackupPC.

Backuppc just uses the REMOTE_USER name that apache sets up
when you authenticate and matches it with the names you put in
the hosts file as the owners.  Apache has about a million
options for authentication.  I've used mod_auth_pam with
pam configured to do SMB authentication against a windows
PDC.  This lets you use the same login/password but you
do have to type it in.  You might be able to use an NTLM
module and have it passed by IE automatically.