Hello Justin,

1. An ADS domain group is fine. You don't need local Linux groups, so revert to
       $Conf{CgiAdminUserGroup} = 'backuppcadmins';
in your config.pl file, but note that you have a space in your own setting, which shouldn't be there.

2.  I was tempted to say that you hadn't included the line:
               winbind use default domain = yes
in your smb.conf file.  You do have it, and also when you do:
       bs-pc115:~# getent group | grep backuppcadmins,
you get the correct response. So, winbind is correctly stripping the domain information off the beginning of the Active Directory user ID's. You'll also notice that the usernames returned by your getent command are all lowercase, and therefore, when you use them on the Linux box (i.e. Winbind+Apache+PAM), they must be typed in lowercase. In your case, you must type "administrator", and NOT "Administrator" 3. Your REMOTE_USER environment variable is listed as *PDXMISSION\Administrator. *My guess is that this is what you're typing in the login box to access BackupPC's web interface. Again, as I've said above, you must type "administrator", or "justinb", since he's also in the backuppcadmins group. Lose the "PDXMISSION".

4.  In your config.pl file, the setting
           $Conf{CgiAdminUserGroup} = ' backuppcadmins';
has a space in front of the word backuppcadmins. My guess is that BackupPC is looking for a Linux group called ' backuppcadmins', i.e., with a space (which doesn't exist - what exists is 'backuppcadmins', without the space :-) )

5.  I SUGGEST THAT YOU:
a. Take out the space in front of ' backuppcadmins' in your $Conf{CgiAdminUserGroup}
   b.  Restart BackupPC, Apache, and Winbind
c. Login to the CGI interface using just "administrator" or "justinb", i.e. no "PDXMISSION"

Try this and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Muyiwa