Hi,

I installed backuppc a few weeks ago and all is working fine (thanx for the
great product ;-)  ).
Now I want to add a tapestreamer to it. So I created a new host, called it
"Streamer" and created a config.pl like this :

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'archive';
$Conf{ArchivePar} = 0;
$Conf{ArchiveDest} = '/dev/st0';

But when I try to run an archive from cgi, I get the following error in the
logs :

Writing tar archive for host some_host, backup #62 to /dev/st0
sh: /dev/st0: Permission denied
Executing: /backuppc/install/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -t -h some_host -n 62 -s
\* . | /usr/bin/gzip >> /dev/st0
Error: /backuppc/install/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate, compress or split failed
Archive failed: Error: /backuppc/install/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate, compress or
split failed

I googled a bit, and found that sometimes you get this message when there's
no tape in the streamer, but there is. I also tried to change the
permissions on the device

[EMAIL PROTECTED] v /dev/st0
crwxr--r--  1 root disk 9, 0 1994-07-18 16:05 /dev/st0

Any clues ?

Stefaan