Hello,

I'm backing up a Windows 2003 server using SMB ... everything works great except that I see some weird files or folders in my backups:

for example:

OTElOSUVOQdIT0xESU5HQNIT1JB0hPUi1HRU5B0hPUi1NRVREUhPUklaT05UQUwtQUNIU0VOQhIT 1JNSUdPTkESE9VUkLSE9VU0VMQVlPVVRAkhQQJIUkCSFNAkhUQNIVENBEhUQ0hBEhUVTFA0hUV0
or
0JQ09NUEFRX1Rf QlDT01QQVFfVV9CUNPTVBBUV9YX0LQ09NUEFSQVRJVkFDUNPTVBMRVRBTUVOVE9B0NPTVBSQVNB0 NPTVBVVElCkNPTVVfVEVSUkFBkNPTVVORUDQ09OQVDT04tMUIQ09OX0xBX0JC

I have about 20 of these sitting there. And quite understandably they also show up in my error log. I'm guessing these are left over from some shadow copy ... or something like that. I know BackupPC doesn't use shadow copy at all.. But I do use NTBackup on daily basis (as a secondary)

Any ideas what this stuff is? ... Of course when I browse the server using explorer these things are not there ...

Thanks for any ideas,
Tomas