> I was wondering if its possible to let backuppc make the full backups by
> combining the last full backup and an incremental backup? The data is
> there after all.

As far as I'm aware, this is the default behavior. If you look at one of the
incremental backups through the web interface, it will appear 'filled', so
where data was skipped in an incremental backup, it will show up as if it
were backed up anyhow. Because, as you said, the data IS there.

However, there are a couple of caveats with incremental backups. Mainly,
because the incremental determination is simply comparing 'modified' times
on the files themselves, it's somewhat risky to assume that an 'incremental'
backup will ALWAYS get you EVERYTHING you want. Thus, it's important to
occasionally do a full backup as well.

Of course, I'd recommend that you read the documentation for BackupPC on
this topic yourself. It's possible that I'm misinterpreting and that the
above information isn't quite correct.

Justin Best