Yes Craig,

the excludes are in the log (and I can see them during backup
when I make a 'ps ax' in the 'rsync' line on the machine.)

I think the only possible solution left is to try what Les told me:
'--one-file-system'; I'm gonna try this ASAP.

Thanks to all of you, I'll keep you aware about the result.

JY

Craig Barratt a écrit :
"Jean-Yves F. Barbier" writes:

All machines automount the /NFS shares @ boot :(

All machines have an existing /NFS mounted @ the backup time,
and only one includes it in its backupc.

The only difference between machine I don't understand is the impossibility
to umount the /NFS/x on the problematic machine ("device is busy") and
I can't figure out why: I double checked that no console was in it and
no X program too.

My other request was for you to look at the first few lines
of the XferLOG for the bad and good clients to see why the
exclude isn't working.  The $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} setting
should appear as --exclude arguments to rsync.

Craig