I'm having problems backing up one of my servers. The backup goes for about 1 1/2 hours then it just cuts out and says timeout error. I've got my timeout in rsyncd.conf set to 800. I've got ignore errors turned on, I've got ignore nonreadable turned on.. but I just can't seem to get it to backup. The box backs up /etc fine, then it goes onto /opt which is about 60gig, and something like 1,000,000 files.. so it takes a while to build the list. I am doing this backup over a 2mbit link.. the backup just never seems to get going..

------------------------------DUMP BELOW--------------------------------

started full dump, share=opt-netchant
Connected to ogre.domain.net:873, remote version 26
Connected to module opt-netchant
Sending args: --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group --devices --links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . .
Xfer PIDs are now 1949
xferPids 1949
Remote[1]: rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(85)
Read EOF:
Tried again: got 0 bytes
Child is aborting
Parent read EOF from child: fatal error!
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Child exited prematurely)

--
Best Regards,
Stephen