Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

(...)

Is there a configuration option for backuppc that would make it continue on non-fatal errors (like permission denied above on one file among many)?

Permission denied should not be a fatal error.

Please look earlier in the log file and see what
the fatal error message is.  Certain errors from
sbmclient are considered fatal.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with permissions.
Can it be that it bails out at some UTF-8 characters, like Cyrillic or German umlauts?

Hmm, I changed smb.conf option to match:

unix charset = UTF-8

Now the backups doesn't even want to start (or it stops after few secs) :(

2006-03-28 11:11:37 incr backup started back to 2006-03-24 12:18:18 for share S$ 2006-03-28 11:12:20 Got fatal error during xfer (Didn't get entire file. size=460206, nread=196560) 2006-03-28 11:12:25 Backup aborted (Didn't get entire file. size=460206, nread=196560)

It seems I had to wipe out the whole directory for the host, only then it starts again.

We'll see what happens when it approaches UTF8 characters...

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org