Ralf Gross said:

>> since last weekend I have a problem with the rsync backup of one of our
>> server. I'm not sure if this is related to an update of the Solaris
>> rsyncd
>> (sunfreeware 2.6.6->2.6.8) last Friday.
>
> This is definitely a problem with the 2.6.8 (sunfreeware) rsync. I
> switched back to 2.6.6 and have no more problems with that particular
> module.

Well....now I have the same problem with an other host. But this time it's
a linux system.

Can't open /var/lib/backuppc/pc/xxxxxx/new//fideva-share/ for empty output
  create     0         /           0
Can't open /var/lib/backuppc/pc/xxxxxx/new//fideva-share/ for empty output
  create     0         /           0
Can't open /var/lib/backuppc/pc/xxxxxx/new//fideva-share/ for empty output
  create     0         /           0

I found 2 other messages regarding this error message, but there seems to
be no solution for this yet.

Ralf