Since the build for the original RPM already includes --with-smbmount 
and --with-acl-support, perhaps the problem lies in the 
--with-smbwrapper part?

Here's a way to build your own RPMs with the change and test it. (I have 
not tested the RPMs yet, but they do build just fine.) Note that I did 
it for FC4, so adjust accordingly. Also note that this was done as a 
normal user, and not as root.

1. sudo yum install fedora-rpmdevtools pam-devel readline-devel 
ncurses-devel libacl-devel krb5-devel openldap-devel openssl-devel 
cups-devel gnutls-devel autoconf libtool

2. fedora-buildrpmtree

3. rpm -Uvh 
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/4/SRPMS/samba-3.0.23a-1.fc4.1.src.rpm

4. cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/

5. perl -i -ple 's/--without-smbwrapper/--with-smbwrapper/' samba.spec

6. rpmbuild -ba samba.spec


Cheers,

Matthew

Jean-Michel Beuken wrote:
> Hello Bill,
> 
> At 10:56 AM -0400 7/23/06, Bill Hudacek wrote:
>> I've created bug #3954 at https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3954
>>
>> Now we'll see if it resonates with anyone else.  I can only imagine that
>> millions of BackupPC users are noticing this today, or they will
>> tomorrow :-)
> 
> I have the same problemes with rpm distribution of samba 3.0.23a in my FC5
> 
> I have decided to recompile the source distribution of samba 3.0.23a
> 
> with
> 
> ./configure --with-smbwrapper --with-smbmount --with-acl-support
> 
> and now, the incr and full backups work again without anything to 
> change in the BackupPC config.pl except for the path of the smbclient 
> cmd :
> 
> ----------------
> # This setting only matters if $Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb'.
> #
> #$Conf{SmbClientPath} = '/usr/bin/smbclient';
> $Conf{SmbClientPath} = '/usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient';
> ----------------
> 
> for infos :
> - Linux coba 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5smp #1 SMP
> - gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 20060525 (Red Hat 4.1.1-1)
> - BackupPC 3.0.0beta1
> 
> regards
> 
> jmb

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
BackupPC-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/backuppc-users
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

Reply via email to