[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> What's the best method for upgrading a current installation of BackupPC to
> 3.0?
> Maybe I'm really stupid, but I can't find this info anywhere.

Hi I just did this last night in about 15 minutes.

stop backuppc

first go to CPAN and install "File::RsyncP" to upgrade it to .0.64

Then download the tarball, extract it and run

perl configure.pl

Then when it prompts you, tell it where your current config.pl file is,
It will then work out its an upgrade and handle the rest.

You then have to manually update the init.d script as per your flavour
of Linux.

p.s.

Craig, excellent work on the new features in version 3, many thanks to
you and all the conrtibutors/maintainers for this outstanding product.

Regards,

Les