Ambrose writes:

> I am using 3.0.0beta1 and I am seeing that in the "Status" screen, almost
> everything is reported as zero (as copied below). I am wondering if others
> are seeing this or if I have done something wrong (maybe a permission
> problem?), or if this is just a case of something being not compatible with
> backuppc. This is an Intel Mac running system 10.4.

Just to confirm: this was an upgrade, and it used to work?

For an upgrade, by default, all the various config and status file
locations should be the same.  In particular, $LogDir/status.pl
(should be the same as $TopDir/log/status.pl in 2.x) is where the
pool file stats are stored.

However, if you did an install to a new location, then FHS
will put the status.pl file in /var/log/BackupPC/status.pl,
which will intitially be empty.

So the possible explanations are:

 - status.pl is in a new location and it will be updated overnight
   when BackupPC_nightly runs.

 - or: BackupPC_nightly isn't running: look in the main log file
   to see if it runs each night.

Craig