Les Mikesell escreveu:
On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 13:58 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I think I'm having a similar situation (see my last email).  What does it
say about BackupPC or the hosts that fulls are working but not incrementals?

Thanks,

ck

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Filipe [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:22:26 +0100
To: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [BackupPC-users] missing incrementals

Hi.
I made recently a debian server with backuppc being a noob in linux, but
with patience i did it.

So in one host I have this situation. my boss want full backupc to last
no less than 2 months and preferably would I have the possibility to
burn to dvd an old backup, to put in the archive/vault...
anyway, i put $Conf{FullKeepCnt} = 6; and {FullPeriod} = 6.97;

Backup#       Type       Filled       Start Date       Duration/mins
  Age/days       Server Backup Path
76                     full     yes     8/21 12:00     85.0     22.0
 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/76
95                       full     yes     8/30 18:18     58.4     12.7
    /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/95
110                     full     yes     9/6 19:00     61.2     5.7
 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/110
114                     incr     no     9/9 02:01     4.3     3.4
 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/114
115                     incr     no     9/9 13:00     4.7     2.9
 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/115
116                     incr     no     9/10 02:00     4.2     2.4
 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/116
117                     incr     no     9/10 13:00     4.7     1.9
 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/117
118                     incr     no     9/11 13:00     5.2     0.9
 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/118
119                     incr     no     9/12 02:00     5.1     0.4
 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/fb_nt/119

But now my boss looks at this and ask's me where did the incr from day 7
and 8 go?

What is your $Conf{IncrKeepCnt}?

6, i think I will put 14 cause I do 2 incr per day... but do I have to put 14 to fill the incr per full's, or what?!

I didn't know either but i searched for documents modified in that date
and they appear in the web interface but I don't know what happened...
that might be something like hardlinks or so..
Do you have a way to explain this?

Incrementals are made based on change from the last full so you only
need intermediate ones to find files that were newer than your full but
subsequently changed or deleted.

I think I didn't explain correctly...
there is the 111 incr that was deleted right? the files of that incr were deleted also?
the question is this, if a file is modified after the 110 full, is kept in 111 incr, but 111 incr is no more, so where that file go?!