Jean-Michel Beuken writes:

> is it serious ?
>
> Running: /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient \\\\192.168.23.11\\PC-Boumal
> -U boumal -E -N -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -TcrX - ntuser.dat.LOG \\Local\
> Settings\\Temp\\\* \\Local\ Settings\\Temporary\ Internet\ Files\\\*
> full backup started for share PC-Boumal
> Xfer PIDs are now 27714,27713
> tarExtract: Integer overflow in octal number at
> /usr/local/BackupPC3/bin/BackupPC_tarExtract line 225.

That line of code is:

    $mtime    = oct $mtime;

so there is a file that has an mtime that is not encoded
correctly in octal by smbclient (at least according to perl)
when it creates the tar file.

The error isn't fatal, but it does mean one of your 35145
files has the wrong mtime.

I'd be curious to figure out where this bogus mtime comes
from.  Perhaps on your solaris 10 system mtime is 64 bits,
and the encoding of a bogus value from smb fails in some
way.  What version of smbclient is this and what is the
target file system?

Craig