From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 10:06 AM
To: Travis Wu; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] "Uncle!" Error: Unable to read config.pl
orlanguage strings!!

Travis,

Here's some of what I did. One main thing was I set the directories
pertaining
to BackupPC to be owned by BackupPC.
chown backuppc:users -R *
drwxr-xr-x   6 backuppc users  4096 Oct  5 15:07 BackupPC
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# ls -l /etc | grep Back
drwxrwxrwx   3 apache apache    4096 Oct  5 22:10 BackupPC
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# ls -l /etc/BackupPC/
total 252
-rw-r--r--  1 backuppc users  75628 Oct  5 22:10 config.pl
-rw-r--r--  1 backuppc apache 75675 Oct  5 17:55 config.pl.old
-r--r--r--  1 backuppc users  75899 Oct  5 19:07 config.pl,v
-rw-r--r--  1 backuppc apache  2232 Oct  5 17:58 hosts
-rw-r--r--  1 apache   apache  2209 Oct  5 15:09 hosts.old
-rw-r--r--  1 backuppc apache     0 Oct  5 17:55 LOCK
drwxr-xr-x  2 backuppc users   4096 Oct  5 19:59 pc

Here I watch the backuppc log to see what errors arise:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] BackupPC]# pwd
/var/log/BackupPC
[EMAIL PROTECTED] BackupPC]# tail -f LOG

Here I watch the htpd log in another terminal:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] httpd]# pwd
/var/log/httpd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] httpd]# tail -f error_log

And here is my cgi-bin directory:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# ls -la
total 32
drwxrwxrwx   2 apache   apache 4096 Oct  5 15:37 .
drwxr-xr-x  20 apache   root   4096 Oct  5 12:55 ..
-r-sr-xr-x   1 backuppc users  3986 Oct  5 15:09 BackupPC_Admin
-r-xr-xr--   1 apache   apache 3986 Oct  5 15:11 BackupPC_Admin2
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root    393 Oct  5 14:24 .htaccess
-rwxrwxrwx   1 apache   apache  307 Oct  5 14:15 printenv.pl
-rwsr-xr-x   1 backuppc users    74 Oct  5 15:31 whoami.pl

Here's the .htaccess
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# cat .htaccess
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName UserExists
        AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/.htpasswd-allusers
        Satisfy All
#        Require file-owner
    require valid-user

#    AuthGroupFile /etc/httpd/conf/group    # <--- change path as needed
#    AuthUserFile /etc/http/conf/passwd     # <--- change path as needed
#    AuthType basic
#    AuthName "access"
#    require valid-user

And
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# cat /etc/httpd/conf/.htpasswd-allusers
backuppc:OhiHgkkxr4kwI
apache:VWEB1NdbJ5oVg
(I don't think apache needs to be in there)

Here is the Perl script "printenv.pl" as in the backuppc docs:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# cat printenv.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
    ##
    ##  printenv -- demo CGI program which just prints its environment
    ##
    print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
    foreach $var (sort(keys(%ENV))) {
        $val = $ENV{$var};
        $val =~ s|\n|\\n|g;
        $val =~ s|"|\\"|g;
        print "${var}=\"${val}\"\n";
    }

[EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# cat whoami.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
    printf("My userid is $> (%s)\n", (getpwuid($>))[0]);

Hope these helps. Now I play with the wonderful world of rsync. :-)
Tim

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE

> http://mail.yahoo.com

> -
share
> your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn
cash

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE

-
share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn
cash

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE

http://mail.yahoo.com

What should you expect from a Virtual Data Room?

Expect Something Different

www.capitaldataroom.com

The information contained in this transmittal may be privileged, confidential
and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or an
employee or agent authorized to receive communications on behalf of the
intended recipient(s), any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication
of this communication, including any and all attachments relating thereto, is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and immediately destroy all copies of
the original message and all its contents.