Craig Barratt wrote:

(...)

> Hmmm.  Smbclient is getting quite messed up.
>
> I'd recommend running chkdsk on the windows machine.  There's a
> change the problem is caused by underlying corruption on the
> client machine's file system.
>
> Unfortunately smbclient doesn't provide a consisent set of
> error messages, so it's hard for BackupPC to tell if things
> are ok or not.  I can add a couple of above message so they
> will be considered fatal errors.

I changed the transfer method to rsyncd, and everything seems fine now.

There must be something wrong with that Windows machine, as I'm getting
this error only there.

If I want to reproduce it by using smbclient only - how should I do it?
For example, use smbclient to retrieve files from S$ drive/share from
SERVER?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org