Eric Snyder said:
> No, my BackupPC_Admin is already in my cgi-bin directory. Do both the
> symlink and the BackupPC_Admin need to be in the cgi-bin directory?

If you want to use http://debian/backuppc/ as your BackupPC link you need
a index file that apache knows (index.cgi).

> Thanks for the links on perl, I will read up and learn how to configure
> Apache2 with perl support. I am a windows guy and am only now learning
> linux. It's fun and I see why linux is much more secure than windows. It
> is however, very different to get things done in, windows being all plug
> and play and linux being very configuration file driven and compiling
> things rather than installing with exe files.

On debian perl should already be installed. You can check which perl
packages are installed with something like

dpkg -l *perl* | grep ^ii
ii  libarchive-zip-perl           1.16-1          Module for manipulation
of ZIP archives
ii  libcompress-bzip2-perl        2.09-1          Perl interface to Bzip2
compression library
ii  libcompress-zlib-perl         1.41-1          Perl module for creation
and manipulation of
[snip]

Looking at the error.log in /var/log/apache2/ might help too.

Ralf