Craig Barratt wrote:
> Jason writes:
>

>> Since I finally got 2.1.2pl2 working, I decided to upgrade to 3.0.0beta2
>> (a glutton for punishment, I am).  Everything went swimmingly until I
>> tried to look at any logs or view the config files either for clients or
>> the general system, via the CGI interface.
>>

> Are you using mod_perl?  If so, please restart apache.

Doh!  Maybe that would be a good thing to put in the final reminders
after running the configure script?  Or detect an upgrade and ask if it
should restart Apache.  Everything works great now.

One thing, though.  I was running a really, really long backup (50+
hours due to slow link and large video files) and was about 40 hours
through it when I started piddling around with the upgrade.  I wasn't
going to start it until my backup finished, but I wanted to check out
what the configure.pl script would do.  It A) detected the service was
still running and stopped it for me (killing my backup in the process),
then B) dropped out of the script to tell me to stop the service.  It'd
be nice if it just detected and exited rather than killing anything.
But I suppose I was being naughty and deserved what I got.  :-)

Thanks,
JH