From what I can tell, all that does is insert and remove registry
entries from the services list in Windows.  cygrunsrv has a separate
command for stopping and starting services, and I'm not sure (without
testing it) if removing will actually stop the service as well.

The definitive way to tell if a service is running is to open
Settings/ControlPanel/AdministrativeTools/Services and scroll down until
you see 'rsyncd' and a status next to it.  Right click on it to manually
start/stop the service.  This definitely works.

Re: File::RsyncP, I think that is the most recent version.

Hope this helps,
JH