I've had good results moving storage pools between RAID devices (for
maintenance) using xfsdump and xfsrestore. I'd recommend that you
investigate the dump/restore commands for your filesystem (I've learned to
avoid ext for anything over ~1TB but YMMV).

For locally attached devices, the rates were competitive with all other
methods I tried. You can use dump/restore commands over the net from
one server to another, but beware of the overhead of your transfer protocol
(if you're using a ssh tunnel choose your cipher wisely to reduce
overhead).

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

(3)  With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is
      not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they
      are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them
      as they fly overhead.
           -- RFC 1925 - Fundamental truths of networking