The backup seems to run fine but but when browsing the backup nothing is
readable its all ASCII jibberish

The error log also mostly unreadable looks like this Says

Tar Extract:  Unable to open/var/lib/backuppc/pc/servername/new/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]@$^%&

Tar Extract: botch, no matches on /var . same

Tar Extract: Can't open /var/lib/backuppc/pc/mrfile/new

I am attaching to a win2003 server, I can open files logged in from the gui,
in nautilus using the backuppc account. Etc.

I am also backing up 15 other hosts just fine. This is the only one acting
weird.