Hello,

I've been using BackupPC for quite a while, and recently started
running low on disk space. We've got a 2TB NAS device that I'd like
to use as a destination for BackupPC's data. I've got it setup to
mount on boot via CIFS in fstab, and I can read and write data to the
NAS. But for some reason, when I copy the "pc" directory to the NAS,
make a symbolic link in its place and restart BackupPC, backups fail
very quickly (within 2 minutes). Unfortunately I'm not seeing any
diagnostic output in the logs. I can't even access the logs, once the
pc directory is on the NAS, BackupPC complains that it can't read
them (through the browser).

Has anyone gotten a similar system working? I'd love to use this 2TB
array for storage. It's unfortunate that I have to use CIFS to mount
it, it has an embedded Windows OS that only supports SMB, AFS and
FTP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Troy