Maarten writes:

> I installed the BackupPC 3.0.0Beta3 version. I'm taking a backup using rsync
> of a linux host.
> The backup gets created in the correct /data/-directory but there is no
> logfile.
>
> /data/backuppc/pc/test$ ls -l
> total 116
> drwxr-x---  3 backup backup    47 Dec 20 19:59 1
> -rw-r-----  1 backup backup     0 Dec 20 18:00 LOCK
> -rw-r-----  1 backup backup   989 Dec 20 19:59 LOG.122006
> -rw-r-----  1 backup backup 99245 Dec 20 19:59 XferLOG.1.z
> -rw-r-----  1 backup backup   289 Dec 20 19:01 XferLOG.bad.z.old
> -rw-r-----  1 backup backup   118 Dec 20 19:59 backups
>
> I think that this is also the cause why I can't browse or view the backups
> on the CGI.
> I suppose there is no problem with permissions because he can create the
> backup.

The list of files and directories looks correct.  The per-PC log
file is in LOG.122006, and the backup #1 Xfer log file is in
XferLOG.1.z.

It sounds like the only issue is that you cannot see the backup in
the CGI interface.  That's possibly because the CGI script isn't
running as the backuppc user, or because apache authentication
is not setup or working correctly.

Craig