[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 01/09/2007
03:32:56 AM:

> Timothy writes:
>
> > Error loading BackupPC::FileZIO: Too many arguments for
> > Encode::decode_utf8 at lib/BackupPC/FileZIO.pm line 252, near "0)"
> > Compilation failed in require at (eval 17) line 2.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 17) line 2.
>
> Perl's version of Encode.pm is too old.  BackupPC needs >= 1.99.
> You can upgrade it using CPAN.

I was hoping to find a binary RPM that I could simply apply, but after
trying a *number* of possible candidates, none of them fixed the
problem.  So I gave up and downloaded the 2.18 tar from CPAN to a
different computer and compiled it there (there's no GCC in a minimal
install).  I then tarred it up, copied it to the BackupPC machine and
installed it:  success.

Thank you very much for your help.  This seems to have been the last
major gotcha in getting this up and running on CentOS 3.8.  I've got to
work out some permissions problems on files in /etc/BackupPC (for some
reason, the permissions that worked with CentOS 4.4 aren't working with
3.8), but that should not be the end of the world.

Thank you again for your help.  I think I've finally got a repeatable
and (so far) reliable configuration.  The only real thing I'm waiting on
now is a non-beta version of BackupPC 3.0!  :)

Tim Massey