Hi,

You can use in per-pc config.pl, the parameter

$Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} = '/usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupNotify $user $xferOK
$host $type $client $hostIP ';

the script BackupNotify is something like that :

#!/usr/bin/perl
#################
#
# $user $xferOK $host $type
#
$mailprog = '/usr/lib/sendmail';

$user = $ARGV[0];
$xferOK = $ARGV[1];
$host = $ARGV[2];
$type = $ARGV[3];
$client = $ARGV[4];
$hostIP = $ARGV[5];

$recipient = $user;

$msg = "Rapport de sauvegarde de BackupPC pour le PC \"$client ($host)\" :
\n\n";
if ( $xferOK) {
         $msg .= "Le backup ($type) s'est bien deroule\n";
         $subject = "Backup de $client : OK !";
         &sendmail($msg);
} else {
         $msg .= "Le backup ($type) a pose probleme ! \n";
         $subject = "Probleme de backup de $client...";
}
#$msg .= "$user, $xferOK, $host, $type ";

sub sendmail {
    my($msg) = @_;
    open(MAIL, "|$mailprog -t") && do {
         print MAIL "To: $recipient\n";
         print MAIL "From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]";
#        print MAIL "Cc:\n";
#        print MAIL "Bcc:\n";
         print MAIL "Subject: $subject \n\n";
         print MAIL "$msg\n";
         print MAIL "\nVisiter regulierement le site
<http://backuppc.xxxx.xxxx.xxx.be>\n";
         print MAIL "\nContact support : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
         close (MAIL);
    };
}

Francisco Daniel Igual Peña wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible that Backuppc sends weekly (or daily, dont mind) reports to a
> specific email even though there are no errors with the backups?. I want
> something like that, but I dont know how to do it.
>
> Thanks very much.

Jean-Michel Beuken
Informaticien departemental (MAPR/FSA/SISE)

Universite catholique de Louvain-La-Neuve
Lab. PCPM/FSA, Bat. BOLTZMANN
1,Place Croix du Sud
1348 Louvain-La-Neuve                BELGIUM
Tel : (3210) 473570      Fax : (3210) 473452
HTTP://www.mapr.ucl.ac.be/~beuken