brien writes:

> I'd like to run "full" backups at night (say, 10pm-2am), but run
> incrementals every 2 hours from 6am-6pm.  There doesn't seem to be any
> way to do this.  Unless, maybe I can use a predump script to test the
> time and $type and abort fulls that try to run during the day?  It would
> be annoying to see a lot of bogus "errors", though.  Any ideas?

You could disable automatic backups and schedule eveything from cron
using BackupPC_serverMesg.

Or you could

  - set $Conf{FullPeriod} to, say, 0.9,
  - set $Conf{IncrPeriod} to 2/24 = 0.083333,
  - use blackouts on the midnight - 6am and 6pm-10pm windows
  - kick things off by starting the first full backup at 10pm.

The drawback with this approach is there no guarantee that the
full backup won't shift to during the day (eg: if a server is
down).

Craig