As silly as it may sound, I have had some success using VitualPC or VMWare or similar PC simulators rather than trying to restore a Windows PC from scratch. The beauty of it is, you can have several sitting around on the hard drive of the host OS, and when one crash and burns (as Windows inevitably does), I just launch one of the most recent copies. A full backup of a running Virtual Machine is as simple as pausing the VM and copying the disk file that encloses it.

Not saying it's appropriate for users, but it's really darned handy.  :-)

JH

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Aloha,

Is there any hope for adding bare-metal restore capabilities to BackupPC for Windows clients?

Thanks,

Richard