Byron Trimble wrote:
> All,
>
> All of a sudden, none of my backups (rsync) are working. I'm getting "Unable
> able to read 4 bytes" for each backup. Any insight?

I had this happen to me when I had an old File::RsyncP version using
protocol 26 trying to connect to rsyncd that was at protocol 29.  Check
your logs and see what protocol they negotiate to.  If this is your
issue, update with CPAN on the server.

My problem was complicated further by having two different versions of
Perl installed (one from yum, another from sources), and CPAN was
updating one version, but BackupPC ran the other.  If CPAN checks out as
having the latest version, you might check for someone installing
another Perl on your system.

Hope that helps,
JH