Simon Köstlin wrote:
> Could it be that the problem is with my NFS, because if I mount the NFS it
> takes also around 30 seconds until it is mounted. I'm mounting my NFS with
> "mount -t nfs 192.168.0.5:/home/backuppc /nas".

It might (or might not) help to specify options for rsize and wsize in
the mount command. I'm not sure what the defaults are these days but you
probably want about 32k.   See 'man nfs' and 'man mount' for what
options are available and how to pass them.  I think the sync/async
option is set at the server side so you may not be able to control that
on a NAS device.

   [EMAIL PROTECTED]