Due to the code freeze in Debian for the release of Etch as stable
"soon", it will be quite a while before a new deb package for backupPC
makes it to stable. The Debian backupPC maintainer is probably well
aware of the releases, but even if he made the packages, the code
freeze would prevent them from getting into the apt repositories.
We'll probably see 3.0 hit unstable not too long after Etch is
released, but getting a 3.0 package on a stable system is not going to
happen any time soon. They may put out a 2.1.3 package for stable,
after it has been tested, but due to the nature of Debian, I think
that is months away. If you want the new versions, you'll have to do
it yourself from source.

Peace,
Jim