Willem Viljoen wrote:
> I have inserted the username and password required to make backups and
> it works, full and inrcremental. When turning "Use simple File Sharing"
> of - incremental backups fail with the message: "backup failed (session
> setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE)". My printer monitoring server
> require that "Use simple File Sharing" is turned off.

Are you sure that full backups are working?  The only way a
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE can occur is if the authentication for your
user/pass is denied by SMB on the Windows XP box.  If it's wrong for
incremental, it's wrong for full backups as well, since it's the same
setting.

You might want to re-create the root$ share now that Use Simple File
Sharing is turned off, as sometimes SMB likes to have its configuration
recreated after certain settings change.  Also, I would mention that if
your username has an empty password associated with it, you may
experience strange behavior using Samba as a transfer method, because
users without passwords may be considered 'guests' through that protocol
and arbitrarily be denied access to some directories.

Good luck,
JH