James writes:

> The stop/Dequeue process is not working for me in safari (as in
> absolutely nothing happens), I noticed this with Start Backup option
> as well. However, BackupPC began backing the host up after I restarted
> BackupPC.
>
> BackupPC version: 3.0
> OS of Browser that showed bug: OSX 10.5, Safari 3.0
>
> -) I did a quick check of the usual suspects such as apache logs,
> backuppc logs and didn't see any references.
>
> -) I checked the url strings in the browsers and got this in safari:
>
> BackupPC_Admin?host=localhost&action=

A small snippet of javascript is used to set the action variable
when you click on the button.  (In 2.x it wasn't done this way.)
Looks like this doesn't work:

    <input type="button" value="\$buttonText"
      onClick="document.Confirm.action.value='\$In{action}';
               document.Confirm.submit();">

Please try this:

  - look at the html source (on the stop backup page) and verify that
    $In{action} is replaced by a non-empty string (eg: Stop_Dequeue_Backup).

  - If it is empty then the problem is prior to getting to this page.

  - If it is non-empty, could javascript be disabled on your browser?

If you can't make progress I'll try it out on Safari too.

Craig