Eduardo writes:

> I have only two question for any that use rsync (windows) and
> for Craig
>
> 1, What is the version to install rsyncd in windows??  must be the
> same of are based File::RsyncP because in my opinion if not are the
> same has problems, (must use utf8 Cygwin to recover files??) in my
> test if don't use uft8 patch rsyncd in windows don't create files
> with Spanish charts,.

I haven't tried http://www.okisoft.co.jp/esc/utf8-cygwin.
BackupPC 3.x should also be able to convert charsets correctly.

You should be able to have different client versions of rsync
and everything should work correctly.  However, I acknowledge
that some users have reported success only with the same version
on each client.

> 2, Anybody has a installation with backuppc 3 utf8 and windows clients
> and try to recover 20000 files to a windows client??? and run??

In the meantime I recommend you use BackupPC_tarCreate to create an
archive that you can use to restore.

Craig