I am changing the thread as it appears that my problem may be due to an SSH
config problem. The original problem is that BackupPC can't backup itself but
it will backup Windows computer for the most part.

I created a custom config file by coping the standard config file over to one
that was named. I looked in the file and the options seem to be correct??

The contents of the log are shown below but based on y'all's help, it appears
that SSH may not be setup correctly.

I have to confess I have never messed with SSH and don't know the first thing
about it. I saw it referenced somewhere but ignored it thinking it was not
needed when a computer accessed itself.

Contents of file /home/backuppc/pc/machine2/XferLOG.bad.z, modified 2007-02-09
05:00:03

full backup started for directory /
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root machine2 /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender
--numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times
--block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /
Xfer PIDs are now 19768
Got remote protocol 1651076184
Fatal error (bad version): Xlib: connection to ":2.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

Here is the problem: when ssh is run this error message is returned:

In the end, I am in over my head on SSH and the x port forwarding.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Arch