Filipe writes:

> now what is really strange is that I have a lot of folders with special
> characters with accents and other portuguese language symbols, but I
> managed to put it working correcly in the last version, but now only the
> folders tar appear right, in the files some are missing, those are
> filenames with special characters.
> here is what I'm talking about:
> http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backuppcnamesyb0.png

In BackupPC 3.0.0 the server filename charset encoding is utf8.
Translation of filename charset encodings to/from the client
charset is supported by each XferMethod.

In 2.x no translation was done.  So the file names might or might
not render correctly.  Some European charsets (with simple accents)
worked ok.

You have exposed an incompatibility between 3.0.0 displaying backups
made in 2.x, since 3.0.0 is assuming the encoding is utf8.  I believe
restore under 3.0.0 of 2.x backups with non-utf8 filename encodings
will work correctly, but I haven't tested that.

I'll work on a patch for rending the file names correctly.

Craig