Jim writes:

> Thanks for your personal attention on this. The XferLOG is now available in
> the images directory:
>
> http://mail.stephanco.com/backuppc/images/
>
> The log from the email you replied to has since been overwritten since it
> was only considered a partial backup. The emails yesterday between the one
> you replied to and now seem to show that backuppc is only able to get one of
> the two modules rsyncd is sharing. Initially it allowed apps to work and UPC
> failed. I changed UPC to upc, and now that works while apps fails.

Thanks for the log file.  In the transfer of the apps share, I see:

    Sent include: /apps
    Sent include: /upc
    Sent exclude: /*

So it appears that you have $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} set to something like:

    $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
             "apps" => ["/apps", "/upc"],
        };

The failure "No files dumped for share apps" is correct, since there
are no files below /apps or /upc in the apps share.

Changing the case of the share name causes the setting in
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} to no longer match, and the backup succeeds.

I can't explain why changing the order of the shares causes
the other one to fail.  But the issue is related to the setting
of $Conf{BackupFilesOnly}...

Craig